Friday, May 2, 2008

Labor Day holiday’

It was quite a pretty day yesterday. A day celebrated by all workers around the world. Labor or no labor it was a day for me to clean-up and house-keeping. Enjoyed much of the time cleaning and tending the overgrown busy hibiscus plants at front of house. At noon went to hypermarket, Giant, Kulai and purchased food-stuffs and kitchen appliances. As I strolled past the electrical section, my eye caught on a newly arrived multipurpose cooker! Read the label and decided to buy. Indeed a perfect requirement for a healthy cooking. This multipurpose cooker can be used as steamer, deep fry and cooking healthy foods.

Picked up a pack of carrots, lady’s finger, Chinese beans and vegetarian ``dim-sum’’. I wanted to try to use and steam with the newly bought multipurpose cooker. Planned to go to JB town, however changed my mind at the last minute. I would rather spend cooking with the new cooker. Once settled, I sliced up vegetables; lady’s fingers, beans and carrots. Unpacked dim-sum and took out 3 pieces and place them into the multipurpose cooker’s steamer pan, filling the bottom unit with water. 4 pieces of leaf-over vegetarian sausage were still in the fridge and I decided to steam them up as well.

My stomach started to send hunger signal as I hadn’t anything in the morning except a slice of bread and plain water. While waiting the cooker to complete steam, I went to clean up `` little garden’’ at the back of house. Job was done within half hour and the steamer too completes its task. Took a quick shower and prepared a late lunch. What a tasty crunchy and juicy steamed vegetables!! I added 3 slices of whole meal bread and made sandwiches. Hey! What an easy task of cooking made easy and non-messy. No cleaning of the kitchen tables, no littering on the floors and bye-bye to scrubbing pots and pans!! Wonder, if the modern way of doing things are just make us plain lazy or called it convenient living? Anyway, I was thinking of soup today……