Monday, June 2, 2008

Futsal Game In Nutshell



Futsal To Loosen The Stiffened Body Cells
Can I play Futsal? Emm, No! No! I was quite taken aback when reverend Sivaprabhananda Swamiji invited me to play `futsal’ with youngsters in a local indoor court at Larkin Industrial area yesterday. ``Can I play soccer after a lapse of 23 years?’’, I asked myself. ``That’s an awful tough act at this age and again after such a long period!!’’ ``Why not give it a try, after all I have been jumping and doing few basic body exercise at home lately’’ I attended a small meeting with family friends before heading to Kempas ``kuttir'' to fetch up Swamiji. We joined together with few youngsters and Mr Baskaran, middle aged gentleman who was also a former state footballer.
I was quite happy to see an indoor artificial pitch, half a size of a hockey field. I hadn’t stepped onto one for a long time now. The last time I had a good playing game was in Port Klang, playing for Banting Teachers in their local district league. I was actively involved in club level hockey too, ditching out my hockey skills on the `astro-turf ‘’ pitch. We started with ``4 a side’’ in a team. Swamiji proved to be a vintage and showed glimpse of his old skills when he played with Johor state football team. However, we are no match with the boys, Rohit, Suraj, Lingesh, Prem and their friend who have plenty of stamina plus hard running.

I have to take time-off halfway through – lacked stamina but quite OK with my basic skills. No bad Yeah! I could fell entire body cells responding positively to external movement. Burning heat engulfs entire body muscles as I ran and burned off excess body calories/fats. Sweat glands activated and profusely drained out body liquids. My lung expanded and responded correspondingly, with an increase oxygen intake.We all had pretty well an hour long game. Swamiji stayed throughout without any stop time. It was an incredible feat considering for his age (60 years old). Suraj strained his ankle muscle but no hard damage is done. At end of the game I felt freshened up, gained part of my old `sporting’ self and loosened up my stiffed body cells. OK! I will definitely not miss the next futsal game call and I will be right there on the ball!!