Friday, June 13, 2008

Aunt's 1st Anniversary Prayers

I went back to work happily today after 2 days of absence! My body immune level inevitably plunged lower. This leads to contracting common flu and congested nose condition on Wednesday. I scrambled to a nearby clinic. Doctor prescribed a week pack of antibiotics dosage and inflammatory nasal spry, gave a day off (Medical Cert), and a RM$45 bill to settle (grin). Paid and went for a light breakfast -`A plate of `Mee Hoon goreng' and ginger `O' , enough all right. I gulped down the first few pills/tablets with couple of herbal tablets and multivitamin.

So, the rest of the day I was in a total `relax' mode, kept myself low at home, reading the NST , STAR and had a quick short naps in between. Now and then calls rang from work place. My subordinates called to ask for direction and advice on issues they find in a `fix'. Later in the evening, after shower, practiced veena for couple of hours. My sister- in- law and cousin called and reminded of my auntie's(mum's older sister) special 1st anniversary prayer's on Thursday - 12/06/08 at Taman University in the morning. I have almost forgotten about it. Realising of that date, I had to quickly call GM and informed him of my `urgent leave' application for a day, to which he did acknowledged understandingly.

Auntie's 1st ``Atma Shanti'' - Soul's peaceful journey prayer offerings into the ``beyonds'' by families, relatives and friend. Little I did wonder how time has been so ``kind'' reminding us that life is long but time is short. I could track my vision back to younger days, roaming around and being taken care by her during almost all school holidays in government's Telecoms quarters at Larkin, Johor Bahru. She is mum's elder sister. She is naturally a strong willed person and live a life of giving and being a kind ``umbrella mother'' to most of us and her relatives. Kind hearted person when comes to charity and offers her helping hand to persons in need even she doesn't have much to herself at times.

Rasamah Athimulam, a befitting name for her. She has that `charismatic' capability to be a central focal person in our family circle of women stewardship. Auntie declined to be a teacher and married early in life and blessed with 6 children. She is a product of 1940's hardship era.(Japanese war period). She took good care of us till her last. I could only recall all of her help and support when we were at her home, helping her running home chores. She would bring us to theatre in Johor Bahru town's, Rex and, Broadway or Capitol. She loves screen theatre movies.

A giver than a receiver, all her living life has been dedicated to provide ample precious security to her children and close family relatives like myself, brothers and her brothers and sisters. We got more than what we wanted when we're with her than from our own parents. I used to take 4 to 5 hours long train trip from Segamat to Johor Bahru on most of my long school holidays and be with her and cousins. Almost a second home to us as my father and uncle are brothers and mum and auntie are sisters. Rightly, we looked upon her on a more higher standing order than our own mother.

`A fighter till to her last'', she has that grit and determination in getting things right and as she wanted them to be. In her own way, she did very well in all her plans, albeit many shortcomings conditions she has to encounter and those sacrifices she had made helping raising her own children, coupled with those of her sisters, in particular ,us, her younger sister's kids. It would be not right and ``adharmic'' if did not mention that we owed to her generosity, caring and loving nature ensuring our living life are not wasted as well a meaningful one. She is definitely enshrined forever in my memory and indebted so much for her sacrifices towards all of us. May she be rested peacefully in the ``abode of heavens'' and ``transmigrate'' to a better present living life of her ``karmic choice''.