Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Tribute to my
Uncle and Auntie

This is a dedication page to an outstanding member of my family, maternal uncle and auntie, Mr & Mrs. Krishnan who had largely contributed to my well being; played a significant key role in molding me to be a good citizen and fine individual.

They had imbued in me the importance of education; right from the beginning, cajoling, emphasizing, underlining, even to the point strongly stressing that I must succeed by becoming a learned person.

Early extra education at home.

I began my tuition classes at the age of nine till twelve with auntie. Thence, onwards I studied with uncle, from the age of thirteen to fifteen years old.

Learning from my auntie is a joy and a wonderful experience. As a patient tutor, she taught English and Mathematics in simple and easy methods.

Uncle had a different way of delivering his teachings. Yes, he was an imposing figure. The mention of uncle’s name in itself will send shivers to our spine!

Noted for his excellent teaching skills and strict rule of discipline, he was one of the much sought teachers in the district of Segamat.

Tuition classes starts at 7.30pm and ends at 9.00pm, from Monday till Friday. I and my elder brother would walk in slow pace to uncle’s home which was about 100 meters across the road.

About fifteen students occupy front hall and dinning corner, while few in the kitchen.(A comfortable place)

Uncle is though somewhat seemingly had a fearsome personality, but a soft and kind hearted in person. He helps many poor families’ children of all races by giving free tuition and a helping hand wherever possible.

A perfect role model

A perfect couple, they are indeed made for each other. I can’t find any other better role model than them. They’re indeed my inspiration, benchmark of a disciplined family institution and mentor.

I owed them so much for my present success and on my habit of keep improving on education level. Their early emphasis on education on me pays off greatly, to which, I am doing the same, helping in educating the many needy children in our society, as how they’d done to me.

Gratitude and Appreciation

I for one thing, in a good position now, though may not be a highly successful person in life, but for sure, a good human with positive characters and qualities, as how the mold is cast from the die. To this, my appreciation and gratitude from bottom of my heart to my beloved Uncle and Auntie, for they are my ``Maker’’.

Ravichandran Ceyon, Krishnan
12th November, 2008