Thursday, November 20, 2008

Morning Melody

Morning Melody

The happy morning sun reaches a low peak at a distant horizon, amazingly crimson in light wavelength. I couldn’t let my sleazy eye set away from suria’s fine magical morning smile. It catches my imagination beyond description as I hold my hands on car steering wheel, cruising North-South PLUS highway towards workplace.

My mind went for mental jogging while I thrust the accelerator pedal to 100km per hour when I realized the time was almost seven fifteen (am). Jasthiswaram and Swarajathis instantly propped up in front of my mind screen. A quick replay of what Yoges teacher has taught me in last week’s lesson is in auto mode.

I hummed to a low-pitch voice, the entire Geetham song, Janakasuka in Saveri raga synchronizing with the wind sound hissing out of the car window pane with a small gap for fresh air, to fill up the slightly tangy atmosphere. My upper-lip muscles couldn’t resist raising the baseline for a skewed smile, in approving my mind’s ability to finally able to memorize the entire line, at last.

Now, reaching Pasir Gudang highway exit point on the left just after Kempas toll plaza, braked slowly, reducing the speed to just sixty kilometers per hour, memory plane resurfaced again. Analekara geetham song set in sudha saveri raga popped up, but this time hands are holding veena instead.

I delicately moved my fingers on the string along the pitch frets, strongly visualizing on the technical part of sliding along the fine cord string as how Yoges teacher plays.

I woke-up from my mind fender when a loud horning sound pierced my ear drum from a lorry speedily passing way. At least, my morning phase went through for a fine jog and in that I could well be prepared for my class later in the evening pre-seasoned, ready and alert, after a refreshing morning melody I serenade to myself.