Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Lotus Of Our Heart

Picture credit : TAKA
Lotus of our heart. I love to see lotus flowers. It's an amazing feeling to set our sight on this plants in the pond. Serene and devout of it's surrounding, the blossomed lotus simply sends out an array of calm feelings.
No wonder ``spiritual'' people always have a soft spot for this flower and often became a symbol of purity and opening of one's inner higher consciousness.
I would stop by to sit and view for a moment these magical plant upon chancing a lotus pond when I drive back to my home town.
My Satguru's Guru, HH Sivaya Subramuniyaswami wrote extensively on lotus plant and how the symbolizes our life and how we can shine as a lotus plant amidst challenging world. ( MERGING WITH SIVA).
The lotus flower shines and binds my heart to see the finer part of life with no trepidation, elevated confidence, good hope, silent calmness, happy thoughts, and steadfastness.
I got a little lotus in my heart. So why don't you get one too!
Be a lotus flower! Ever shines and brightens our lives!